Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Way College Is vs. The Way Most People Perceive It

I figured it would be good to go into detail of what to expect out of my blogs for this semester for English 100 and why I chose this topic:

Very scarcely have I seen anyone ever talk about what college life is really like, and more specifically, fraternities. It's interesting, because when I talk to a lot of people who are either in college or have recently graduated, they tell me that it is nothing like their elders have told them it's like. The reason for this is simple: the times, they are-a changin'.  Simply put, things have changed.

So why does any of this matter, Ross? What is the point to all of this?

The reason I chose to write about this is because there needs to be a new "College Survival Guide" type blog, one that is up to date with my generation in mind. Granted, I am a freshman, but there is something I learn every week that is different from what I have been told in my lifetime. Also, for those of you who don't know, I'm currently pledging the Kappa Sigma fraternity, so my plan is to blog about what really happens in a fraternity, to either prove true or break the stereotype.

I would love to hear from everyone on what your opinions are!

1 comment: